Friday, March 27, 2009

Bible versions

One of the blogs I read regularly is the Better Bible blog. I've put the link below to a current post on that blog. It's about which versions of the Bible are now selling the most. The comments on the blog will take you at least 15 minutes to read if you read all of them slowly. I found them very interesting. The bottom line is that which versions of the Bible sell the most have nothing to do with which ones are the best. Rather, it has to do with how they are marketed, and who has influence over the publishers and marketers. I think the best version of the Bible is the TNIV (Today's New International Version). It's the one I use for study and reading. (Although for study I use several versions plus the original languages to a certain extent.) Anyway, if it's something that interests you, here is the link: Better Bible Blog