Monday, April 27, 2009

horses and bulls

On my drive to church this morning I glanced over into a farmer's field and saw several beautiful horses running in the wind--their manes flowing, their backs glistening, and it was like a flash of God's glory. I felt I momentarily had an opening into the mystery of the divine. I said, Thank you, Lord...

A couple of Sundays ago as I was turning onto Fairgrounds Road, there were two bulls butting heads. (I suppose that's where we get the phrase, 'being bull-headed.') They were really going at it. I'm not knowledgeable about cow breeding, so I don't know if it's normal to have two bulls in one pasture or not. I guess those heifers were waiting to see which bull would claim the territory. Folks were getting out of St. Bridgid's early mass and coming the other way, and they were all pointing at the bulls. From church to bull-headeness--not unusual.